The mission of Kazan National Research Technological University is enhancing global competitiveness of Russian chemical macro technologies and the relevant branches of economy through the agenda for sustainable development.
The key characteristics of KNRTU Vision are:
- leading positions in emerging chemical industry markets;
- training qualified engineers capable of facing scientific and industrial challenges of the future;
- strict enrollment criteria for prospective students: minimum 80 scores for the Unified State Examination;
- a minimum 2.5-fold increase in R&D incomes with a minimum of 40% contribution to the University budget. A minimum 2.5-fold increase in the number of publications in high impact factor scientific journals;
- created Center of Excellence in entrepreneurial competences: training at least 100 student entrepreneurs per year who defend their start-ups as graduate projects;
- a multicultural university: development of the campus attractive for students from various countries and cultures; enrollment of international students from a variety of foreign countries;
- strong positions in national and global rankings: Top-20 Russian Universities (Interfax), Top-100 in global subject rankings (QS, THE), Top-500 in general global rankings (QS, THE).
KNRTU strategic goal is to enter the list of top world universities in the field of chemical technology
The strategic objectives:
- to become science and technology leader in the field of chemical macro technologies (the main mechanism is creating a university with a “full innovation cycle” that initiates fundamental research to finally end up with production engineering;
- to become a leader in training professionals for new chemical industry markets (the main mechanisms are training “technological elite” for regional and national petrochemical companies, implementing educational programs with the use of end-to-end digital technologies, and developing talent management system and digital education, etc.);
- to become the main Russian center for technological expertise and forecasting in the field of chemical macro technologies (the main mechanisms are creating industrial consortia focused on breakthrough markets and the frontier research center);
- to become the main Russian center for international integration in chemical technologies and education (the main mechanisms are cooperation with Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS) and leading Russian universities and participation in international research collaborations;
- to become one of the key platforms for regional economic transformation (the main mechanisms are meeting the requirements of industry and emerging agglomerations, platforms for technological entrepreneurship, volunteering, and intercultural communication).