phone: +7 (843) 231-42-21
Address: Building "A" – 68 Karl Marx str., Kazan
International Affairs: +7 (843) 231-43-19; firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor Valeriy Alyayev is the director of the Institute of Mechanical Engineering for Chemical and Petrochemical Industry. Academic Board is the highest management body that comprises heads of the Institute subdivisions and leading faculty members.
Mechanical engineering is one of the broadest engineering fields. Students and faculty are engaged into a wide array of disciplines that include fluid mechanics, engineering materials, product design and manufacturing, thermodynamics, and wood engineering. The Institute was established in 2002 in accordance with the decision of the KNRTU Academic Board. The Institute embodies the best practices in specialists training and research that have been conducted at different faculties and departments since 1930s.
In middle 1930-s chemical industry in the Soviet Union demanded mechanical engineers with expertise in processes and machinery of these productions. Foundation of Faculty of Mechanical Engineering was a significant event in the history of Kazan Chemical Technological University (now Kazan National Research Technological University).
The first Dean of the Faculty (1939-1944) was Professor Mushtari, Doctor of Physics and Mathematics, the first head of the Department of Engineering Mechanics, founder of the Kazan scientific mechanical school.
The first Department of Equipment for Chemical Plants was established in December 1940 under the leadership of chair Nikolaev.
In different years prominent scientists worked at the Faculty, among them:
- Full Professor Trufanov, Doctor of Engineering, founder of the Kazan scientific school of Fluid Mechanics,
- Full Professor German Konstantinovich Dyakonov, Doctor of Engineering, who made a great contribution into the developing the theory of similarity of physico-chemical transformations,
- Full Professor Usmanov, Doctor of Engineering, founder of the Kazan scientific school of Thermophysics.
Teaching and research facilities include 25 laboratories with unique world-class equipment.
The Institute provides:
- Professional education for KNRTU students;
- Monitoring and forecasting of the need for qualified specialists in various economic sectors;
- Professional training of engineering staff, administrative officers and other specialists at enterprises and organizations with different ownership forms and public servants in frameworks of licensed educational programs;
- HR policy that includes the support of educational process and research with top-qualification academic personnel;
- Training of specialists trough postgraduate and postdoctoral programs;
- Services for certification, licensing and attestation at various economic sectors;
- Publishing study guides and other materials and preparation of academic programs;
- Consulting services for entities and persons in frameworks of the Institute work;
- Spreading of the best practices in economic management, innovative educational technologies, information services;
- Organizing and holding specialized exhibition presenting the modern educational and engineering technologies;
- International cooperation in professional training and advanced training, participation in international exchange programs and academic mobility;
- Fundamental and applied research, R&D works;
- Organization of high-technology production;
- Financial support of new research projects from extra-budgetary funds;
- Preparation and holding of sport and mass cultural events for students and the Institute staff.
Since 1930-s, more than 30,000 mechanical engineers graduated from the KNRTU. Its alumni succeeded as entrepreneurs, corporate leaders, researchers, inventors, educators and winners of the top awards.
For years, KNRTU mechanical engineers have become leading experts on the design, construction and operation of machinery.
INSTITUTE OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING FOR CHEMICAL AND PETROCHEMICAL INDUSTRY