Chair, Physical and Colloid Chemistry Department
Dr.Sc. in Chemistry
Professor, Honored Scientist of the Republic of Tatarstan
phone: +7 (843) 231-43-89
+7 (843) 231-41-77
+7 (843) 236-65-23
1971: Graduated from Kazan State Technological University.
1971: Started teaching career as an assistant at TBOPS (Technologies of the Basic Organic and Petrochemical Synthesis) Department of Kazan State Technological University.
1976: Thesis defense for the degree of candidate of chemical sciences. Topic: "Synthesis and physico-chemical properties of tertiary arsines sulfides" (supervisor: prof. B.D. Chernokalsky).
1976-1981: Assistant at the Chemical Cybernetics Department.
1980-1998: Senior Researcher, Kazan Physical-Technical Institute (KPTI) of Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS).
1997: Thesis defense for the degree of D.Sc. in Chemistry. Topic: "Synthesis and properties of liquid crystalline metal complexes."
1998: Principal researcher of KPTI RAS and professor at TBOPS Department (KSTU).
Since 2000: Professor of Physical and Colloid Chemistry Department (KSTU).
Since February 2005: Head of Physical and Colloid Chemistry Department (KNRTU). Chief Researcher of Kazan Physical-Technical Institute (KPTI) of Kazan Scientific Center of RAS.
1987 - Badge "Inventor of the USSR".
2001 - State Prize of the Republic of Tatarstan in the field of science and technology for the cycle of works "Creation of magnetic liquid crystals".
2005 - Medal "In Commemoration of the 1000th Anniversary of Kazan".
2009 - the honorary title "Honored Scientist of the Republic of Tatarstan".
2014 - the honorary title "Honorary Worker of Higher Professional Education of the Russian Federation".
2014 - Fredericks Medal of the International Liquid Crystal Society.
2018 - Prize named after G.H. Kama of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tatarstan in the field of chemistry for the work "Creation of liquid crystal systems for optoelectronics and biomedicine."
2021 - the honorary title "Honored Professor of Kazan National Research Technological University".
Member of the Presidium of the Higher Attestation Commission, expert of OJSC “Rusnano”, expert of the Russian Science Foundation and the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, member of several dissertation councils.
Yu.G. Galyametdinov created and is actively developing new scientific field - development of methods for metal-containing liquid crystalline compounds obtaining, study of molecular structure, structural organization, study of a new compounds class’ physicochemical properties and specific features of their manifestation. The most important achievements of Yu.G. Galyametdinov in this field are:
• creation of the first paramagnetic (nematic, smectic) and heterometallic liquid crystalline complexes;
• formulation of the criteria for liquid crystallinity of transition-group elements’ complexes;
• obtaining extensive data on the structure, structural organization and physical properties of more than 300 liquid crystal of metal complexes.
World achievement of recent years is LC complexes’ creation based on the rare-earth compounds with a record-setting value of liquid crystal magnetic anisotropy (two orders of magnitude larger than for the magnetic anisotropy of known LC) that lays foundation for the practical application of liquid crystals, controlled by magnetic field, and predetermines the development of magneto-optical liquid crystals. At the Physical and Colloid Chemistry Department under the leadership of Galyametdinov Yu.G. a new scientific direction - liquid crystals supramolecular organization for nanoorganized materials creation – is being developed.
In global practice (that is confirmed by certificates of authorship) Yu.G. Galyametdinov was the first to develop ways of using metal-LC products in chromatography and analytical chemistry.
Research interests Yu.G. Galyametdinov are not limited to low molecular weight and coordination compounds. He has a large number of works on LC metallo-polymers and macromolecular compounds with pyroelectric properties. For the application of the latest works Yu.G. Galyametdinov obtained USA, Japan, Canada, Germany and the EU patents.
Galyametdinov’s works are widely recognized by both Russian and international science: since 1984, his works are included into the annual list of the most important RAS achievements, widely cited in domestic and foreign scholars’ reviews. Over recent years Yu.G. Galyametdinov regularly participated with plenary (invited) lectures at international congresses and symposia, he is an annual participant of international conferences on liquid crystals. As a guest lecturer he worked with undergraduate and graduate students at the Universities of Japan, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, England, Poland, France and USA.
AREA OF TEACHING ACTIVITIES
For many years Yu.G. Galyametdinov combines a large and highly successful research work with teaching at Kazan State Technological University: delivering lectures to students majoring in "Physical Chemistry", publishing educational-methodical and scientific-pedagogical works, being a supervisor of 11 PhDs students in physics and chemistry. He is a member of Dissertation Council D212.080.03.
Yu.G. Galyametdinov has often been invited as a jury member on thesis defense of Catholic University of Leuven (Belgium), has the honorary title of Honored Inventor of the USSR. In 2001 he became a laureate of the State Prize of the Republic of Tatarstan for the paper "Creating magnetic liquid crystals".
Yu.G. Galyametdinov is the author of about 300 scientific papers. Most of them are in central Russian (Proceedings of the USSR Academy of Sciences, Russian Journal of General Chemistry, Journal of Physical Chemistry etc.) and foreign (Angew. Chem., Chem-Eur. J., J. Am. Chem. Soc., Advanced Materials, Chem. Phys. etc.) journals. h-index Web of Science /Scopus: 27/27. He is the author of two books for universities in physical chemistry with the heading of UMO, numerous educational and teaching textbooks and manuals, monographs, including two monographs in English on metallomesogenes.
1. Galyametdinov Yu., Ivanova G., Ovchinnikov J., Prosvirin A., Guillon D., Heinrich B., Dunmur D.A., Bruce D.W., X-Ray and Magnetic Birefringence Studies of some Lanthanide Metallomesogens with Schiff Base Ligands. Liquid Cryst.-1996- v. 20. p. 831-833.
2. Galyametdinov Yu., Athanassopoulou M., Griesar K., Kharitonova O., Soto-Bustamante E., Tinchurina L., Ovchinnikov J., Haase W. , Syntesis and Magnetic Investigations on Rare-Containing Liquid Crystals with Large Magnetic Anisotropy. Chem. Mat. 1996.No.8.p. 922-926.
3. Haase W., Griesar K., Soto-Bustamante E., Galyametdinov Yu. , Magnetic Investigations on Liguid Crystalline Metallopolymers. Mol. Cryst. Liq. Cryst. 1995. v.274. p. 99-111.
4. Haase W., Griesar K., Soto-Bustamante E. A., and Galyamedtinov Y., Magnetic Investigations on Cu(II) and Fe(III)-Containing Liquid Crystalline Metallopolymers. Metal-Containing Polymeric Materials, Ed.: C. U. Pittman, N-Y-1995- p. 287 - 299.
5. Haase W., Soto Bustamante E. A., Grossmann S., Werner , and Galyamedtinov Y., Recent Results on Liquid Crystalline Metallopolymers ACS National Meeting, New Orleans: 23.-29.03.1996, Polymer Preprints-1996-P.37, p. 783 - 784.
6. K.Binnemans, Galyametdinov Yu., R.Van Deun, D.W.Bruce., Influence of the lanthanide contraction on the transition temperatures of rare-earth containing metallomesogens with Schiff base ligands. Chem.Phys.Lett.1999.V.300.P.509-514.
7. Binnemans K., Bruce D., Collinson S., Galyametdinov Yu.,Van Deun R., Martin F., Towards magnetic liquid crystals. Phil.Truns.R.Soc. Lond.A.1999, v. 357. pp. 3063-3077.
8. K.Binnemans, Yu. Galyametdinov, Van Deun R., Bruce D., Collinson S., A.Polishchuk, I.Bikchantaev, W.Haase, A.Prosvirin, L.Tinchurina, I.Litvinov, A.Rakhmatullin, K.Uytterhoeven,L.Meervelt., Rare-Earth - Containing Liquid Crystals. J.Am.Chem.Soc. V.122. № 18. P.4335-4344.
9. Yu.Galyametdinov, W.Haase, L.Malykhina, A.Prosvirin, I.Bikchantaev, A.Rakhmatullin, K.Binnemans., Synthesis, mesomorphism, and Unusual magnetic behaviour of lanthanide complexes with perfluorinated counterions. Chem.Eur.J. 2001.V.7. No.1.P.99-105.
10. A.Turanov, I.V.Ovchinnikov Yu.G.Galyametdinov, D.Bruce. , Magnetic anisotropy of smectic A phase of lanthanide complexes derived from Schiff's bases and DOS, NO3 anions. Liquid Crystalls. 2001.V.28. No.6. P.845-850.
11. V.S. Mironov, Yu.G. Galyametdinov, A. Ceulemans, C. Gorller-Walrand, K. Binnemans., Influence of crystal-field perturbations on the room-temperature magnetic anisotropy of lanthanide complexes. Chem.Phys.Lett. 2001. V.345. P.132-140.
12. Yury Galyametdinov, Vadim Ksenofontov, Andrej Prosvirin, Igor Ovchinnikov, Galina Ivanova, Philipp Gutlich and Wolfgang Haase. , First Example of Coexistence of Thermal Spin Transition and Liquid Crystal Properties. Angewandte Chemie - International Edition. 2001. No.22.
13. K. Binnemans, L. Malykhina, V.S. Mironov, W. Haase, K. Driesen, R. Van Deun, L. Fluyt, C. Gorller-Walrand and Yu.G. Galyametdinov., Probing the Magnetic Anisotropy of Lanthanide-containing Metallomesogens by Luminescence Spectroscopy ChemPhysChem. 2001. No.11. 680-683.
14. K. Binnemans, R. Van Deun, C. Gorller-Walrand, W. Haase, D.W. Bruce, L. Malykhina and Yu.G. Galyametdinov., Anisotropic molecular magnetic materials based on liquid-crystalline lanthanide complexes Materials Science and Engineering C: Biomimetic and Supramolecular Systems. 2001.18. 247-254.
15. Yu.G.Galyametdinov, H.B.Jervis, D.W.Bruce and K.Binnemans., Lyotropic mesomorphism of rare-earth trisalkylsulphates in water-ethylene glicol system - Liquid Cryst.-2001.Vol.28.No.12.P.1877-1879.
16. Yu. G. Galyametdinov, O. A. Turanova, Ven Van, A. A. Knyazev, and W. Haase, Synthesis of Liquid-Crystalline Adducts of Lanthanide-Diketonates with Some Lewis Bases. Doklady Chemistry. 2002 V. 384, No. 1-3, p.144-147.
17. Yu.G. Galyametdinov, Wen Wan, L. Malykhina, M.Darius, W. Haase., Formation of lanthanide ionnetworks by orientation of the mesophases of their complexes in magnetic field. .Liquid Crystals.2002. No.10. P.1360-1363.
18. Yu.G. Galyametdinov, L.V. Malykhina, W. Haase, K. Driesen and K. Binnemans , Luminescent lanthanide complexes with liquid-crystalline properties .Liquid Crystals.2002. V.29. P.1581-1584.
19. W.Haase, E.Soto-Bustamante, Yu.Galyametdinov, S.Yablonsky, L.Blinov , Method for manufacturing a Pyroelectric mixture. Japan Patent No. 95146JP.1997. 9.09
20. W.Haase, E.Soto-Bustamante, Yu.Galyametdinov, S.Yablonsky, L.Blinov., Method of preparing a pyroelectric mixture and pyroelectric device. US Patent No. 5,833,833.1998. 10.11.
22. Lapaev, D.V. Laser control and temperature switching of luminescence intensity in photostable transparent film based on terbium (III) β-diketonate complex / D.V. Lapaev, V.G. Nikiforov, G.M. Safiullin, V.S. Lobkov, K.M. Salikhov, A.A. Knyazev, Yu.G. Galyametdinov, // Optical materials, 2014, 37, P. 593-597.
23. A. A. Knyazev, A. S. Krupin, E. Yu. Molostova, K. A. Romanova and Yu. G. Galyametdinov / Influence of Structural Anisotropy on Mesogenity of Eu(III) Adducts and Optical Properties of Vitrified Films Formed on their Base // Inorganic chemistry, 2015, 54 (18), pp 8987–8993.
24.Galyametdinov Yu.G., Shamilov R.R., Stepanov A.L. Hybrids quantum dots: synthesis and luminescence properties // International Workshop on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Joint 4th Assia-Pacific Chemical and Biological Microfluidics Conference. Vietnam, Da Nang. 2015 (2-4 November). P. 181.
25.Galyametdinov Yu.G., Knyazev A.A. The luminescence of polymer-lanthanide complexes blends // The 4th Federation Of Asian Polymer Societies - International Polymer Congress (4FAPS-IPC 2015). Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur. 2015 ( 5 – 8 October).
26.W.Haase, E.Soto-Bustamante, Yu.Galyametdinov, S.Yablonsky, L.Blinov , Method for manufacturing a Pyroelectric mixture. Japan Patent No. 95146JP.1997. 9.09.
27.W.Haase, E.Soto-Bustamante, Yu.Galyametdinov, S.Yablonsky, L.Blinov., Method of preparing a pyroelectric mixture and pyroelectric device. US Patent No. 5,833,833.1998. 10.11.
28. D. Lapaev, V. Nikiforov , G. Safiullin, V. Lobkov, A. Knyazev, A. Krupin, Yu. Galyametdinov / Changes in luminescent properties of vitrified films of terbium(III) β-diketonate complex upon UV laser irradiation / Journal of Luminescence, 2016, 175, pp 106-112.
29. A. A. Knyazev, A. S. Krupin, K. A. Romanova and Yu. G. Galyametdinov / Luminescence and energy transfer in poly(N-vinylcarbazole) blends doped by a highly anisometric Eu(III) complex / Journal of Coordination Chemistry, 2016, V.69, I.9, pp. 1473-1483.
30. Knyazev A.A., Karyakin M.E., Romanova K.A., Heinrich B., Donnio B., GalyametdinovYu.G. Influence of Lewis Bases on the Mesogenic and Luminescent Properties of Homogeneous Films of Europium(III) Tris(β-diketonate) Adducts / Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 2017. №3. P. 639 – 645.
31.Lapaev D.V., Nikiforov V.G., Lobkov V.S., Knyazev A.A., Ziyatdinova R.M., Galyametdinov Y.G. A vitrified film of an anisometric europium(III) beta-diketonate complex with a low melting point as a reusable luminescent temperature probe with excellent sensitivity in the range of 270-370 K / Journal of Materials Chemistry C. 2020. V. 8. № 18. P. 6273-6280.
32.Selivanova N.M., Gubaidullin A.T., Galyametdinov Y.G. Incorporating a Tetrapeptide into Lyotropic Direct Hexagonal Mesophase / Journal of Physical Chemistry B. 2020. V. 124. № 13. Р. 2715-2722.
33.Lapaev D.V., Nikiforov V.G., Lobkov V.S., Knyazev A.A., Krupin A.S., Galyametdinov Y.G. New insights into UV laser irradiation effect on luminescent behavior of vitrified films based on mesogenic lanthanide(III) beta-diketonate complexes / Journal Of Photochemistry and Photobiology A-Chemistry. 2019. V. 382. P. 11962.
34.Knyazev A., Krupin A., Gubaidullin A., Galyametdinov Y. Optical and structural characteristics of PMMA films doped with a new anisometric Eu-III complex / Acta Crystallographica Section B-Structural Science Crystal Engineering and Materials. 2019. V. 75. P. 570-577.
35.Selivanova N., Gubaidullin A., Padnya P., Stoikov I., Galyametdinov Y. Phase behaviour structural properties and intermolecular interactions of systems based on substituted thiacalix4]arene and nonionic surfactants / Liquid Crystals. 2019. V. 46. № 3. P. 415-421.
36.Selivanova N.M., Gubaidullin A.T., Haase W., Galyametdinov Y.G. Novel lanthanidomesogens based on poly(ethylene glycol) cholesterol ether: Liquid crystal phase behavior and luminescence properties / Journal of Molecular Liquids. 2019. V. 275. P. 402-408.
37. Lapaev D.V., Nikiforov V.G., Lobkov V.S., Knyazev A.A., Galyametdinov Y.G. A photostable vitrified film based on a terbium(III) -diketonate complex as a sensing element for reusable luminescent thermometers / Journal of Materials Chemistry C. 2018. V. 6. № 35. P. 9475-9481.
38. Galyametdinov Y.G., Sagdeev D.O., Voronkova V.K., Sukhanov A.A., Shamilov R.R. The dependence of paramagnetic and optical characteristics of Mn:CdS nanoparticles on high-temperature synthesis conditions / Materials Research Express. 2018. V. 5. № 7. P. 0075009.
39. Polushin S.G., Lezova I.E., Polushina G.E., Rogozhin V.B., Ryumtsev E.I., Romanova K.A., Galyametdinov Y.G. Critical Effect of the Length of Counterions in Mesogenic Lanthanide Complexes on the Electro-Optical Properties of Their Melts / JETP Letters. 2018. V. 107. № 7. P. 431-434.
40. Lapaev D.V., Nikiforov V.G., Safiullin G.M., Lobkov V.S., Knyazev A.A., Krupin A.S., Galyametdinov Y.G. UV laser-induced enhancement of photoluminescence intensity in vitrified terbium(III) beta-diketonate complex film in air / Journal of Luminescence. 2018. V. 194. P. 407-413.
41. Knyazev A.A., Krupin A.S., Heinrich B., Donnio B., Galyametdinov Y.G. Controlled polarized luminescence of smectic lanthanide complexes / Dyes and Pigments. 2018. V. 148. P. 492-500.
42. Lapaev D.V., Nikiforov V.G., Lobkov V.S., Knyazev A.A., Galyametdinov Y.G. Reusable temperature-sensitive luminescent material based on vitrified film of europium(III) beta-diketonate complex / Optical Materials. 2018. V. 75. P. 787-795.
43. Romanova K.A., Kremleva A. V., Galyametdinov Yu. G. Ab initio molecular dynamics study of the structure and supramolecular organization in mesogenic lanthanum(III) complexes with β-diketones and Lewis bases / International Journal of Quantum Chemistry. 2020. e26569-1-12.
44. Lapaev, D. V., Nikiforov, V. G., Lobkov, V. S., Knyazev, A. A., Ziyatdinova, R. M., Galyametdinov, Y. G. (2020). A vitrified film of an anisometric europium (iii) β-diketonate complex with a low melting point as a reusable luminescent temperature probe with excellent sensitivity in the range of 270–370 K. Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 8(18), 6273-6280.
45. Knyazev, A. A., Karyakin, M. E., Heinrich, B., Donnio, B., & Galyametdinov, Y. G. A facile approach for the creation of heteroionic lanthanidomesogens-containing uniform films with enhanced luminescence efficiency. Dyes and Pigments, 2021, 109050.
46. Natalia Selivanova, Aidar Gubaidullin, Yuriy Galyametdinov. Characterization of hexagonal lyotropic liquid crystal microstructure: Effects of vitamin E molecules. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects 620 (2021) 126570